Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca and Formentera: An interdisciplinary conference on the Balearic Islands Friday 27th March 2015, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
This Newcastle-based conference brings together academics, researchers, writers, postgraduate students, policy makers and practitioners from a range of disciplinary areas who have a key interest or research expertise focused upon the Balearic Islands.
The conference marks the establishment of the interdisciplinary Mallorca Research Network based at Liverpool John Moores University (Dr Hazel Andrews) and Newcastle University (Dr Mark Casey).
Papers: We are seeking expressions of interest from those wishing to present a paper at the conference in a range of diverse areas including:
- Cultural identity;
- Expatriate communities;
- Literature, art, music;
- Past, present and futures;
- Relationships with Spain;
- The relationships between the Balearics islands;
- The European Union;
- Urban, coastal landscapes and communities;
- Political identities of the Balearic islands.
Key note speakers at the conference are confirmed to be:
- Prof Tom Selwyn: University of London
- Dr Jacqueline Waldren: University of Oxford
- Dr Pau Obrador: University of Sunderland
- Anna Nicholas: Author and journalist Enquiries
Contact Mark Casey at: M.E.Casey@ncl.ac.uk or Hazel Andrews at: H.J.Andrews@ljmu.ac.uk