LX ANGLO-CATALAN SOCIETY ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The LX annual conference will be held at University College Cork from 5th to 7th September 2014; the first time it has taken place in the Republic of Ireland.
**Please check the attached pdf for details on conference fees, registration, travel and accommodation**
CALL FOR PAPERS (Deadline 31st May 2014)
Because our 60th anniversary conference coincides with both the current decade of commemorations in Ireland and also the build-up to the tricentenary of 11th September 1714, we have decided to offer space for reflection on the theme of “Memory and the Culture(s) of Commemoration in the Catalan-speaking territories”, with guest lectures by Lluïsa Julià, Queralt Solé and Joan Sellent, amongst others. You are invited to offer a paper of 20 minutes’ duration at the LX Anglo-Catalan Society Conference. The paper may treat ANY ASPECT of Catalan culture, although papers relating to questions of personal, social, collective and/or cultural memory and memorialisation will be particularly welcome, as would panel proposals in this or any other area.
Please send proposals (affiliation, title and 200-word abstract) by e-mail to the Society's Secretary, Dr Anna Vives, by 31 May 2014. The e-mail address is email@example.com
We hope to prepare a provisional programme by 15th June 2014 and will notify all applicants as to whether their proposals have been accepted or not by this date.
SCHOLARSHIPS TO ATTEND THE ANGLO-CATALAN SOCIETY ANNUAL CONFERENCE, University College Cork 5th -7th September 2014
1. Given the popularity and success of recent scholarships, we have decided to continue to divide the Anglo-Catalan Society Scholarship into awards of up to £100 each (maximum of 10) to encourage students interested in Catalan culture to attend the Annual Anglo-Catalan Society Conference.
2. Applicants will normally be present or recent students of British or Irish nationality who would like to maintain and/or develop knowledge and understanding of Catalan culture, or postgraduate students of whatever nationality who are currently doing research in the field of Catalan Studies.
3. The award will comprise of: Free membership of the Anglo-Catalan Society for one year (until January 2016); up to £100 towards the cost of conference and travel expenses. Payments will be made on production of bills and receipts further to the submission of a report (see point 6).
4. Each applicant should provide the following information: 1. Curriculum Vitae; 2. One academic reference provided by either a member of their Spanish department or by a Catalan lector; 3. A signed declaration to the effect that the applicant will attend the full conference and that s/he will take responsibility for the rest of the funding.
5. Applications should be sent to Dr Elina Vilar Beltrán (Queen Mary, University of London) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Successful candidates will be expected to submit a report on the Conference to Dr Elina Vilar before 30th November 2014. Bills and receipts should be sent to Dr Sergi Mainer (University of Edinburgh) by the same date at the following address: email@example.com. Late submissions will not be accepted.
7. The closing date for applications is 30th June 2014. Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances.