The Anglo-Catalan Society scholarship application period is now OPEN.
Applications should be submitted to Dr Elina Vilar Beltrán (Queen Mary, University of London) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> . The closing date for applications will be the 4th October 2013. Successful candidates will be contacted by email.
SCHOLARSHIPS TO ATTEND THE ANGLO-CATALAN SOCIETY ANNUAL CONFERENCE,
University of Manchester 1-3 November 2013
1. Given the success of the new type of awards, at the 2012 Annual
General Meeting it was decided that the Anglo-Catalan Society
Scholarship would continue to be divided into awards of up to £100
each (maximum of 10) to encourage students interested in Catalan
culture to attend the Annual Anglo-Catalan Society Conference.
2. Applicants will normally be present or recent students of British
or Irish nationality who would like to maintain and/or develop
knowledge and understanding of Catalan culture, or postgraduate
students of whatever nationality who are currently doing research in
the field of Catalan Studies.
3. The award will comprise of: Free membership of the Anglo-Catalan
Society for one year (until January 2015); up to £100 towards the cost
of conference and travel expenses. Payments will be made on production
of bills and receipts further to the submission of a report (see point
4. Each applicant should provide the following information: 1.
Curriculum Vitae; 2. One academic reference provided by either a
member of their Spanish department or by a Catalan lector; 3. A signed
declaration to the effect that the applicant will attend the full
conference and that s/he will take responsibility for the rest of the
5. Applications should be sent to Dr Elina Vilar Beltrán (Queen Mary,
University of London) at the following address:
6. Successful candidates will be expected to submit a report on the
Conference to Dr Elina Vilar Beltrán before 10th January 2014. Bills
and receipts should be sent to Dr Sergi Mainer (University College
Cork) by the same date at the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> . Late submissions will not be
7. The closing date for applications is 4th October 2013. Late
applications will not be considered under any circumstances.